The vigour of our Society depends on its members and their willingness to contribute to the exciting and multifaceted field of Ecology.
We invite scientists dealing with ecological issues, young researchers, in particular, to become members of the Hellenic Ecological Society.
The members of HELECOS:
- belong to a large scientific community, active in Greece and Europe; the Society is a partner of the European Ecological Federation
- participate to the Society's conferences with a reduced (by 20 %) registration fee
- participate to the European Ecological Federation (EEF) conferences with a reduced registration fee; for instance, for the 2015 EEF-Conference, in Rome, this is 20% lower for young researchers and 12.5% for all other participating researchers
- if PhD students, can be nominated for and awarded with the "N.S Margaris" Prize.
- have an additional means, through the HELECOS website, to disseminate their research achievements: in addition to the list of featured recent publications, there is a special section presenting the most important and influential research papers produced
- contribute in shaping the goals and profile of HELECOS and the direction it takes
- have a saying as to who represents the Society and an option to be elected themselves to the official Bodies of the Society
- enhance the Society's outreach and its social footprint so as to strengthen its role on issues related to environmental policy and management
If you agree with the above and you are interested in joining HELECOS, please fill the Membership Form, fill in your details and then send a hardcopy or an email to the secretary, V. Detsis ( email@example.com), with cc to the president, S. Giokas ( firstname.lastname@example.org). Once you receive the acceptance letter from the Society, you should pay the membership subscription fee and send a proof to the same recipients.
The two-year subscription fee for students is 10 Euros and 20 Euros for all others. Non-student members can pay a 10-year subscription fee of 80 Euros.
The bank account details are:
Bank: Piraeus Bank IBAN: GR73 0172 2020 0052 0206 0656 452 Account Number: EUR 5202-060656-452 BIC: PIRBGRAA